Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Same Place

Recently I read a book by Mark Driscoll, Confessions of a Reformissionist Rev, which got me to think about a lot of differnt things. In it he goes through the stuggles that he went through in planting his church. This got me really excited and I could hardly put the book away. What excited me the most was that that was exactly what I would love to do, with all the stuggles and pain involved. So many times it is easy for me to let me mind and passions drift in another direction, thinking I could do something else. God then intervenes, causing me to again be in a passionate pursuit of His purposes in my life. He continually brings my mind back to the same place I was before, thinking the right way and looking to act the same.
Resolved: To continually seek with all my heart Gods passion for the church. To do it Gods way and not my own, keep gaurd over things that may ruin His ministry, and love the stuggles involved.

No comments: